The goal of an integrative approach to veterinary medicine is to provide clients with all of the options for pet care available.
This is achieved by using conventional medicine drugs, diagnostics and procedures TOGETHER with all other reasonable systems of medicine (Chinese medicine, chiropractic)or therapies (prolotherapy, gold bead implants)to obtain the best possible results.
Strong and Weak Points
Every system of medicine has its strong and weak points and each is utilized according to what tool is best needed for a particular animals problem. The goal is to try and cure disease or disorders and not to suppress symptoms alone.
In cases where the animal is at the end of its lifespan or has a terminal condition, the goal is to provide as high a quality of life as possible for that animal.
What We Do
The IVC works closely with your primary care veterinarian to provide the highest quality health care for your pet.
We carry a full line of conventional pharmaceutical drugs and offer the following services:
- Routine medical procedures (ear cleaning, wound care, nail trimming, etc.)
- Routine laboratory evaluation
- Heartworm tests
- Vaccinations and Vaccine titers
- Minor surgical procedures (e.g., cyst removal, foxtail removal) that do not require general anesthesia.
- We offer reversible anesthesia, acuanesthesia, local anesthesia and sedation.
- IV and subcutaneous fluid administration
- Wellness exams and nutritional consultations for puppies & kittens
- Preventative health care programs for geriatric and adult animals